Pybus Market is looking for a new team member! Join this dynamic and passionate team who manages Pybus Market, the LocalTel Event Center, and puts on community events.
Pybus Public Market is a destination where people gather to experience quality food, goods and services from local businesses. We offer a platform for farmers, artisans and nonprofit organizations. We honor history, promote growth and provide an outlet for community arts, education and charities.
TITLE: Event & Artisan Development Manager
- Three (3) or more years work experience in a similar position.
- Relevant work experience in sales, marketing and events.
- Sales, marketing and business acumen
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Arrives on time at appointed work site every day as scheduled.
- Regular, positive interactions with tenants, event organizers, customers of the market, and the media – all in a highly skilled manner.
- Serves as Secretary to the Board Artisan Vendor Committee and attends all meetings.
- Offers strategic input on the direction of Pybus Market and on the annual budget. Be an active participant in weekly staff meetings
- Proactively identifies revenue opportunities and expense savings.
- Team Support – Works events as scheduled
- Event Sales
- Develop inbound and outbound marketing strategies to ensure annual event sales budget is achieved.
- Manage Gather software including:
- Following new leads
- Booking events
- Invoicing events
- Collecting deposits and final payments
- Ensure event organizers and attendees are in compliance with all Market and all federal, state and local rules and regulations and that visitors have an enjoyable and safe experience.
- Coordinates seamless handoff to the Marketing & Events Manager.
- Artisan Vendors
- Management of the Pybus Market “day table” program for revenue and operational efficiency.
- Research and recruit new Artisans with products that are congruent to Pybus Public Market.
- Manages mix of products to offer a wide variety to the PPM guest
- Provides artisan content to the Marketing & Events Manager for marketing and promotional activities.
- Fluently speak, read, and write English.
- Strong business and marketing acumen and superb interpersonal skills
- Attitude and effort – consistently demonstrates positive attitude and 100% effort
- Prior experience in multiple facets of sales, marketing and events.
- Fast and efficient work habits.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Sales, Marketing and Events Curiosity – what can we do better?
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to Consumers, Board Members, Tenants, other employees.
- Strong communication skills; builds consensus up and down.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to consistently solve customer, tenant problems, meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter, focus on getting the work completed each day, vs. focus on number of hours worked.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Organized, detail oriented; catches errors early – strives for excellence
- Highly creative
- Sense of urgency
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to see and understand the “big picture”.
- Pybus Public Market loyalty & respect – customer-and solution-driven. Consistently strives to exceed expectations.
- Multi-tasker. Efficient. Tenacious.
- Works well in team environment.
- Ability to work well with little or no supervision. Self-directed.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively on the telephone or in person.
- Possess the drive, commitment and ambition to assume greater responsibility to support the growth of the organization.